some veryVALuable Physics: Reflecting over my first three days in AP physics. veryVALuable style... hahaha :]

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reflecting over my first three days in AP physics. veryVALuable style... hahaha :]

My first 3 days in AP physics have been pretty interesting. Mr. Tillay has been giving us a general overview on what science is and showing us our educational systems faults on teaching it. Some of his statistics really humor me, like "the bottom 30% of college graduates are our educators." One of our first homework assignment was to read this article about what science is by Helen Quinn.[Shown below]



Also, we've already had our first quiz of the year, and didn't do too shabby on it! ;D I really studied the first 5 chapters of Giancoli over the summer so the quiz he gave me was sort of a breeze. :] I'm glad i took the class because when I look around the room, I see a small, dedicated, group of people who are willing to learn and don't disrupt the class, like the average vallejo high student does. Mr. Tillay has been doing a lot of life-lecturing and motivational-speaking... I know he hates lecturing, but I hope he can help break down the math equations and formula's to our first quiz, because I'm curious if I did them right.

I did a good amount of studing over the summer, and although I admit I didn't start my summer homework right after school ended... I got a good 2-3 weeks in before school started to familiarize myself with the giancoli book and the first 5 chapters of it. It's been a good first three days and I started off this new school year with some good habits, so I'm hoping I can really follow through with what i've been doing and be able to get the most that i can out of this class, because this will help me towards my next 4 years in the airforce... where I might study some engineering of some-sort. So to that... good by my friends, classmates, and readers!

'Til Next Blog,
-Val Joseph

No comments: